“I came up with it in the summer of 2010. It seemed to best represent what I do and who I am. It signifies how I repurposed the visual language of graffiti and street art. And it’s quite universal, as it translates well into other languages.“
Joseph Meloy (1982) was born and raised in New York City. In his works he deals with an abstract street art fused in the solidity of cave painting and tribal art. Meloy makes use of an artful and outstanding combination of the figurative and the abstract. Meloy exhibited numerous works, both within individual and group exhibitions including at The Living Gallery Outpost in New York, Art Fair in Washington DC and at the Gwangju Biennale in South Korea.
- 2018 “Superfine!” Art Fair, Washington DC, 2018
- 2018 “Logical Progressions”, The Living Gallery Outpost. New York. USA.
- 2013 “Exactly What The Hell is Vandal Expressionism?”, Le Salon d’Art. New York. USA.
- 2021 “(Re)Birth of Venus” PULPO Gallery. Murnau am Staffelsee. Germany.
- 2018 Mural Commissions. Commercial Real Estate Project. Jersey City. New York. USA.
- 2018 Mural Commissions. One World Trade Center. New York. USA.
- 2018 “Et Tu, Art Brute?”, Group Exhibition, Andrew Edlin Gallery, NYC
- 2017 “Impressions”, Group Exhibition, IF MUSEUM, Easton, PA
- 2017 “I Love Street Art”, Group Exhibition, World Trade Gallery, NYC
- 2016 “Gwangju Biennale”, Group Exhibition, South Korea
- 2015 “Stencil Show”, Group Exhibition, Dorian Grey Gallery, NYC
- 2014 “Playground of the Fantastical”, Group Exhibition, Galerie Protégé, NYC
- 2013 “Danger To The Darkness”, Group Exhibition, Heath Gallery, NYC
- 2013 “90 Stanton Street Art Show”, Group Exhibition, Le Salon d’Art, NYC